Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Fall is here, along with the crisp, cool weather. While Fall is a beautiful time of the year, there are a few chores that should be done to prepare our homes for the winter months ahead.
- Drain and store garden hoses
- Check the caulk around your doors and windows
- Inspect external doors and the garage door to make sure they close tightly
- Install weather stripping at thresholds where needed
- Check and clean gutters and downspouts
- Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Check dryer exhaust and vent for build-up, lint or unwanted visitors
- Stock up on heating system filters for the winter for maximum energy efficiency and indoor comfort
- Replace light window coverings with heavier ones
- Test smoke and CO monitors
- Inspect and clean your humidifier
- Schedule your preventive maintenance inspection and cleaning on your heating system.