Importance of Clean Air Ducts
The majority of homeowners seem to overlook the importance of cleaning their home’s air ducts. Although the EPA states that duct cleaning alone does not prevent health problems, it certainly does alleviate some of the symptoms.
You should be inspecting and cleaning your air ducts annually. Following these simple steps will greatly improve the air quality in your home.
- Locate the air return and vent covers and remove them with a screwdriver.
- Wash the vent covers and allow them to air dry.
- Remove the filters and replace with new, clean filters. If they are reusable filters, wash them with water and allow to air dry.
- Use the soft brush attachment to your vacuum and vacuum into the air ducts as far as you can reach.
- Using a spray cleaner and old rags, clean around the openings of vent and ducts. Wash the inside as far as you can reach.
- Replace the air filters and reattach the clean vent covers.
If any signs of mold are present, call LHT Cooling & Heating of Myrtle Beach for an assessment. And be sure they use a commercial disinfectant!