Preventative Maintenance Checklist
Many HVAC contractors offer priority service for customers who sign up for a bi-annual maintenance or service agreement. LHT Cooling and Heating is one of those contractors. Following our preventative maintenance checklist will ensure that your system runs as efficiently as possible.
We perform the following tasks depending on the unit:
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant levels and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside the cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings and remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet – clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage – on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls and accessories, wiring and connections. Controls include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (include blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed.
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system – check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect conditioned air flow system (ductwork) – check for leaks
While your system is operating:
- Monitor system’s starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Find source of any unusual odors
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as necessary
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary
LHT Cooling and Heating follows this preventative maintenance checklist to ensure your comfort all year long!