How to Reduce of the Risk of Stolen AC Units
Because air-conditioning units contain copper (and the price of copper has sky-rocketed), they are being stolen at epidemic levels. No one is immune. Both ground level and roof top units are being stolen.
Following is a list of some things you can do to reduce the risk of having your outside air conditioning unit stolen:
- Install lighting around the unit.
- Install a protective metal cage to enclose the unit.
- Relocate the unit to a more visable or less accessible area.
- Install an alarm on the unit that can be monitored by a remote or central station.
- Install a padlock and chain on the unit (although this will not prevent stripping of metal from the unit).
Call us at 843-663-2665, and we will be happy to discuss the best method for you to use to reduce the risk of having your outside air conditioning unit stolen.