Benefits of a wireless thermostat
Most of us have smartphones today, and we couldn't image life without them. If you're wondering whether you need to install a wireless thermostat, we can help. We're not here to sway you in one direction or another, but here are the benefits of a wireless thermostat.
- More control saves energy and money – we all know programmable thermostats save us money. They reduce energy usage, so you waste less and spend less. However, wireless thermostats go the extra mile by giving you even more control over your energy use. You can control it remotely through your phone, computer or tablet – any device that is connected to the internet. You just left for vacation and forgot to adjust your thermostat. No problem! Just log into the app and make your changes.
- Set alerts through the thermostat app – WiFi thermostats have useful companion apps that let you do a number of things. One of the most useful is to set up alerts notifying you if your home gets too warm or too cold. These alerts can be sent as a text or an email. So if the temperature drops and you're worried about pipes freezing, there's an app for that! They not only help save money and energy, but they preserve the life of your HVAC system.
- Helpful reports – Depending on the thermostat you choose, you may receive special maintenance reports alerting you to possible system failure. They can also track your usage and help you better prepare financially for spikes in usage.
- Monitoring outdoor conditions – many of these thermostats will communicate with outdoor sensors that will read temperature and humidity levels. Having access to these outdoor levels, you can choose the right temperature for inside your home.
- Monitor your indoor environment – knowing your home's humidity levels indoors can help you determine whether you should increase or decrease the set temperature.
If you're looking for a better way to control your energy usage, these benefits of a wireless thermostat should be very helpful. Please call LHT Cooling, Heating & Refrigeration, Inc., and one of our expert technicians can help you with your decision.