Your Complete Checklist For A Totally Comfortable Home This Summer
Follow this complete checklist for a totally comfortable home this summer:
Get to know your A/C system:
- Where is my central air conditioning equipment located? Do you have a split system or a package unit? A split system has a condenser located outside and an indoor evaporator located inside. A package unit has all components located outside on the ground, in the attice or on the roof.
- What type of power does my system use? Central air is electric; heat pump uses fuel; geothermal uses alternative energy.
- When was the system installed? There should be a sticker showing the installation date on your indoor equpment.
- What is the brand, serial number and model number?
Pre-season maintenance tips:
- What is the date of the system’s last regular maintenance check?
- What issues or repairs, if any, where identified at the last check?
- Change or clean your filters regularly.
- Be sure indoor vents are open and not blocked by furniture, drapery or other items.
- Clean your outdoor unit and remove overgrowth and debris from around the equipment.
- Schedule an annual professional cleaning and maintenance check for your system.
Action items and troubleshooting:
- Check the controls and test start cycle to ensure it starts and shuts off properly.
- Install proper insulation and sealing in your home to preserve air conditioned air.
- Install a programmable thermostat to help reduce energy use and save money.
- Turn your humidifier to the “off” or “summer” setting before starting your air conditioner in the summer. This will keep humidity lower in your home.
- Call LHT Cooling, Heating & Refrigeration, Inc., your trusted HVAC professional, to handle emergencies quickly when you face unexpected problems during the summer.
A comfortable home from your central air conditioning will make for a much more enjoyable summer for you and your family!