Fall Tune Up Means No Winter Screw Up
Keeping your HVAC system running efficiently is a matter of maintaining it throughout the year. Seasonal maintenance is an ideal way to ensure that the system is ready to heat or cool your home as the weather changes. Remember a fall tune-up equals no winter screw-up!
The importance of a Fall Tune-up:
Homeowners may wonder why their HVAC system needs to be maintained as the weather changes. The reasons listed help homeowners understand why it can be disastrous to ignore the need for seasonal maintenance.
- Your heating system many not be ready to get up and running without maintenance. Leaving maintenance to the last minute means that the system may not be able to properly heat your home for the comfort and safety of your family. Seasonal maintenance helps to avoid any issues by getting the system ready before it’s absolutely needed.
- Keeping a system maintained reduces the possibility of needing costly repairs or replacement.
- A maintained system runs more efficiently to lower utility costs.
Your Fall HVAC System Maintenance To-Do List:
Cooler weather means that a heating system will need to be turned on for the first time in months. This to-do list outlines the most important heating maintenance tasks to be done as fall arrives. These are tasks that homeowners are able to do with the help of a licensed HVAC technician like those here at LHT Cooling, Heating & Refrigeration, Inc.
- Inspect air filters – these should be changed monthly all year long. A dirty air filter will make it difficult for the air to reach rooms. Dirty air filters significantly reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Caulk any cracks or holes around the outside perimeter of your home. Keeping cold air out allows the heating system to run more efficiently.
- Also, check for air leaks around doors and windows.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans in the Fall. While fans do not change the temperature of the room, they circulate the warm air throughout.
- Have one of our techs here at LHT perform a professional tune-up, including cleaning coils, lubricating moving parts and calibrating thermostat.
If you haven’t had your Fall Tune-up yet – call us at LHT to schedule!