New Year’s Resolutions for Your HVAC
2015 is almost here – time to make New Year’s Resolutions for your HVAC! To ensure your heating and air conditioning system works great this year and is hassle free, follow these New Year’s Resolutions for your HVAC that will help do just that.
- Schedule maintenance for your HVAC systems. The best thing you can do to ensure that your furnace/heat pump and air conditioner work great all year long is scheduled annual tune-ups. Ultimately, you should schedule a spring and a fall tune-up. It will increase the efficiency of both systems and helps avoid performance problems and breakdowns later in the year.
- Change your air filter throughout the year.Changing your filter is the most important maintenance task you need to perform on your HVAC system. By checking and changing your filter every month, you can help avoid major efficiency problems and keep your systems running strong.
- Use your programmable thermostat wisely.If you aren’t already taking advantage of a programmable thermostat, make it a priority this year. By telling your programmable thermostat what times of day there is less of a demand for heating and cooling, you can cut down your energy bills and ease the load on your HVAC system all year long.
- Unblock vents.Check your home to make sure vents and air returns are not blocked by furniture or other objects.
- Schedule annual maintenance for your water heater.Your HVAC systems aren’t the only ones that require annual maintenance. You should also schedule a tune-up for your water heater this year to bring it to peak efficiency and performance.
- Watch what you put down your drains.The best way to avoid drain clogs is to be careful what you put down your pipes. Use drain traps to catch things in your kitchen sink. Never pour grease or oils down the drain! Don’t use your toilet as a trash basket.
By following these simple New Year’s Resolutions for your HVAC, you will be starting off the new year improving your HVAC efficiency and lowering your heating and cooling costs. And who doesn’t want to save money in the New Year!