Signs you need an air purifier
Air purifiers are a great way to clean the air. In addition to investing in your health, they can help with allergies, unpleasant smells, snoring and more. Here are 7 signs you need an air purifier:
- You can't stop sneezing: pet dander, pollen and dust are just some of the pollutants that could be floating around in your home. The best air purifier typically contains HEPA filters with high CADR ratings that will help you filter out most, if not all, airborne allergens.
- Your house smells of varnish or disinfectants: be sure to look for air purifiers that can remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds). These harmful substances come from carpeting, adhesive, disinfectants and varnishes. If you see formaldehyde or benzene on any of your household items' ingredients, you are dealing with VOCs. Since only certain models of air purifiers can filter VOCs, make sure you get a model designed to clean them. If you have a lot of carpet in your home (notorious for trapping toxic particles), an air purifier will help enormously.
- Your air is stale and stuffy: if you breathe in and the air smells bad, you might have poor indoor air quality. You can try an energy recovery ventilator, but an air purifier will guarantee that you reduce any smelly, fould oders that might be wafting through your home.
- You see dust mites everywhere: have you noticed a surplus of dust building up under your bed or on the windows? Air purifiers will certainly help to reduce the amount of dust around. However, you will still need to clean! Getting a decent vacuum cleaner is still important to having clean and dust-free air, but air purifiers will also help a huge amount with reducing the amount of mites that are calling your home their home! Try getting a purifier that can run at higher speeds, but still quiet. The best thing about an air purifier is not having to clean as much. The unit will do a lot of the work for you in eliminating dust. To make sure, clean the unit at least once a week.
- You suffer from emphysema or COPD: having a serious chest condition might be a sgin that you need an air purifier. Keeping the level of household air pollution down as much as possible is critical, especially with family members who might be exposed to second-hand smoke.
- You have a sick family member: helping a sick family member get well is made easier with an air purifier. They can breathe fresh air and have better quality sleep, which will aid recovery.
- You snore (loudly): allergens like and pollen and dander will cause your airways to be more congested and that can contribute to snoring. Make sure you change your air filters and use an air purifier. You will find that you will gradually sleep better and snore less. Try to get a model with slightly more square footage than you need so you can keep the unit on a low setting.
WIth the Spring and pollen season almost here, we hope these signs you need an air purifier will help you breathe easy!