It’s time For Spring Cleaning
The temperature is rising here in Myrtle Beach and it’s time for Spring cleaning. As the trees burst into life and the flowers start blooming, we have a natural desire to start the Spring cleaning process to get ready for Summer.
The following tips for your HVAC maintenance can kick off your Spring cleaning this year:
- In addition to putting away those winter blankets and cleaning the windows, don’t forget your HVAC system. A well maintained HVAC system will reduce your energy costs throughout the year.
- Over the winter, your outdoor unit has taken a beating. Grab a trash bag and get rid of the dead leaves and debris that have accumulated around your unit or inside the unit’s grille. Trim all nearby bushes and shrubs to make sure there is at least 2 foot clearance from the unit.
- Replace your air filters on a regular basis. While you should be doing this on a monthly basis, you should do it at least at the start of every new season especially if you were burning candles all winter long.
- Nothing makes your HVAC system less efficient than poor ventilation throughout your home. As part of your Spring cleaning, be sure to clean those gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage, and make sure they don’t accumulate near windows. If water gets in the window, it won’t work properly. Check those seals and weatherstripping, and replace if necessary.
- If you’re thinking of putting off buying that programmable thermostat because the winter is over, it is just as efficient to use during the summer months for your air conditioner. Programming the temperature throughout your days and weeks will ensure proper temps at all times, without wasting energy by “forgetting” to adjust it.
Be sure to call us at LHT Cooling, Heating and Refrigeration, Inc. for your Spring maintenance and get your Spring cleaning off to the right start!