Your HVAC and Your Pets
Pets are your family members. They love unconditionally. They are always happy to see you. However, having pets in your home also means having pet hair and dander all over your home. The vacuum cleaner becomes the most used appliance in your home.
We have compiled a list of ways to keep your HVAC working efficiently with our pets!
- Groom your pets regularly – Grooming your pets regularly reduces the amount of shedding. This cuts down on cleaning time for you and your air filters. Pet hair can quickly cover the filter’s surface and clog your air ducts.
- Change the filters often – In addition the massive amount of pet hair, you also have to worry about pet dander. These are tiny particles of dead skin that become airborne and get caught in your filters. Your filters can very quickly become caked with dust, pet hair and pet dander. This will block the airflow and make your system work harder and longer. That will result in a higher utility bill.
- Clean the air vents – Both hair and dander can easily clog your air vents. When you’re vacuuming, don’t forget to suck up the hair and dust on and around your air vents.
- Clean the air ducts – Clogged ducts can result in a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria.
- Get an air purifier – Having an air purifier will ease some of the burden placed on your air filters. Having a HEPA purifier ensures that 99.97% of pet dander is removed from the air before it even reaches your air filters.
- Call us at LHT Cooling, Heating & Refrigeration, Inc., for regular maintenance – The truth is there is only so much you can do yourself to keep your vents and filters in good condition. By having regular maintenance, you can ensure everything is cleaning thoroughly. It will prevent additional damage by identifying potential risks and it will keep your system working efficiently. An efficiently running system is a long running system.